Wednesday, June 04, 2008
Last night was my surprise date. It was wonderful! Hub's mom came to babysit and Little Bean had a great time - and even ate well from her bottle. Hubs and I went out for a yummy dinner and then we went and saw the Indiana Jones movie. It was pretty cute. It was a WONDERFUL evening!
After I was thoroughly refreshed last night, my super woman powers were put to the test today.We have plans to go on the boat with my parents this weekend, and we just realized that we forgot all about our dog, Jazzy. Oops! We used to take her on the boat, but with Sucia (insane puppy), and the baby, and yucky weather, I think it would be too much to bring a 70 pound pooch on the boat as well. We found a place we can take her (the Pet Smart Pet Hotel, which looks SO cute) IF I could take Jazzy to the vet to get a couple shots this morning. She needs to get them 48 hours before hotel check-in. Eek! Managing the baby in her carseat and Jazzy (who is stronger than me) at the vet...with all the other dogs coming in and out. Well, whew!
In thee end, Jazzy got her shots, reservations have been made for Jazzy at the pet hotel, Little Bean is sleeping, clean laundry is folded on the couch, a load of clean diapers is in the dryer, and the baby will be at the pediatrician for another vaccine this afternoon. I AM SUPER WOMAN.
Monday, June 02, 2008
Each week at my mommy's group, we go around and share highs and lows for the week. I can never remember what mine were (I guess that's a good sign, in a way) so I decided to write them down this week. My group meets tomorrow morning, so I thought I'd share my list with you!
1. I've been having some bad dreams where something bad happens to the baby, usually because I did something stupid or made a bad decision. I hate these dreams. I wake up and want to just run into her room and make sure she's ok. I don't do that because I don't want to wake her up, so I just sleep really poorly the rest of the night until I know she's ok.
2. Little Bean hasn't been taking a bottle as well anymore. That's just a big stinkin' pain and leads to much more evening crying than we're used to.
3. I got pretty overwhelmed this week. Baby had a few rough afternoons, a very long day on Thursday because Hubs had to work a wedding rehearsal at church, and then an extra day on Saturday while he worked at a wedding. I don't mind that he worked at the wedding (he's doing it for me!), and he has done one other and it wasn't bad. It was just a long, long week. We decided that we needed a code word that I could tell him when I need HELP of some sort.
1. Hubs must have been sensing my desperation, because when I told him about it, he told me he had a surprise date night planned already for Tuesday night. Hurray! Isn't he great? Somehow, I always manage to ruin the surprises. I don't know what we're doing, just that a babysitter is coming tomorrow night and we're going out. It's been great having that to look forward to...it made Saturday much more bearable!
2. After we got back from church on Sunday, Little Bean was asleep in her car seat and we just set it in her crib. We figured we had about 15 minutes until she woke up (she doesn't usually sleep long in her car seat once it's not moving), so we were going to take a quick nap. She slept for 2 whole hours! It was fantastic! Her naps are usually only 45 minutes long, so this was great!
3. I mentioned this is my last post, but it's been so fun to see her smiling at things she thinks are pretty. It's so sweet! =)