Sunday, February 04, 2007

Lots of People

I just returned from a weekend retreat with 2,400 other leaders from Bible Study Fellowship. Oh my gosh - that is a lot of people! It was so wonderful to sing beautiful, timeless hymns to our Lord in a choir of 2,400 people. I don't think I've ever had an experience like that, and I can only pray that I will again this side of heaven. And not any 2,400 people. I got to worship our Lord with 2,400 people that I KNOW are all committed Christians with a desire to serve Him and spread His word across our land. That was an amazing experience.

This weekend just made me fall in love with God even more, and BSF for being a wonderful tool in His hand. God is so good, and the only way we can know Him is through His word.

If you are looking for a God-centered Bible study, GO. Try it. Just do it. Don't wait. I'm serious. Really. You can find classes on the website. There are a jillion of them, so you have no excuse. If you have a hard time making God's word a daily part of your life, or a hard time understanding scripture, or a hard time figuring out how to apply it to your life, you will love BSF.

God is good - ALL the time! (You know, since He created time and He exists aside from time and is timeless, He would have to be good ALL the time, wouldn't He?)

Now, to get my lesson done for tomorrow... =)

No comments: