Thursday, April 05, 2007

Good promise

I've been feeling some emotional/spiritual turmoil lately. I can't figure out what direction God wants my life to go in - what choices He wants me to make. I do trust that His way is good, but I don't feel like I can hear what way that is. Honestly, I'm frustrated. I don't feel like this is something that will work itself out over time - I feel like there are some finite decisions that need to be made.

I had been reminding myself that if I draw near to God, and listen for His voice, He will guide me. But as we are in holy week, I've been reading so many passages of times that Jesus spoke to the disciples and they didn't hear him; He walked with them and they didn't see Him. What if He is directing me and I can't hear Him?

But, alas, our God has a funny sense of humor.

I was reminded today by my boss of our scripture verse for the year (my Christian workplace has a verse every year). It's a promise for me at this time:
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you. Psalm 32:8
I've actually had this verse on a card in the back of my Bible since October and just never look at it. It's painfully applicable today. What a promise. What a promise that God knew I would need in April.

I may not hear His voice today, but I know He will (eventually) instruct, teach, and counsel me. Best of all, His eye is upon me.

4 comments:

lizzykristine said...

Being in a a time of lots of big transitions, I've been feeling the need of trusting Him, too. 'Tis a good "weakness".

Recently I heard a young man speak on faith, that God desires faith from us. God lets us fall -- like Peter sinking in the water -- only just enough to get our wandering eyes right back on Him. As soon as Peter looked back to the Lord and cried out for help, the Lord reached out and rescued him. The thought has stayed with me: He wants our trust, and He'll let us flounder a little bit if eventually it will turn our eyes back to Him in faith. He delights in our trust.

Keep your chin up... He's a good God and He'll come through for cumyou with guidance at the right moment. :)

Kellie said...

Thank you for your encouragement Lizzy!

Thank you for bringing in that Peter example. I love Peter. Perhaps I relate to him too much. =) God will always do what is needed to get our attention - I fully agree. That fact is a bit scary for me also. I just pray that I will be quicker to hear and respond to His voice.

lizzykristine said...

Probably the Peter example stuck with me because I could relate to it, too. ;)

Nise' said...

Hello, I am "officially" de-lurking to let you know that I read your blog and have awarded you with the thinking blogger award. Check it out here. Thanks and congratulations.