Tuesday, September 11, 2007

what if?

What if I'm not really pregnant?

What if I've just gotten fatter from eating every two hours, especially from all the ice cream and cookie dough I've been enjoying?

What if I'm now so fat that I'm wearing maternity clothes, when I should just be wearing fat-lady clothes?

By the way, WHY are the clothes at target put in this order: juniors, women's, plus size, maternity??? The maternity clothes are right next to the plus size clothes, and the racks aren't marked well. I already feel like a fat blob, the last thing I want is to be buying plus-size clothes. Maternity clothes might be just as big, and bigger, but it makes it completely better because they are maternity. I swear a man designed the store layout. Idiot.

Well, regardless of WHY I'm wearing maternity clothes, I am. And the angels rejoiced today when I found a fantastically-fitting pair of jean capris at Old Navy for $13.99. No joke - I heard the Hallelujah Chorus in the dressing room, especially since I found a well fitting black top to go with them. For the first time in weeks, I thought I actually looked kind of cute in an outfit. I wanted to hug with check-out girl, but I refrained.

Clothes are hard right now. I'm still in the weird stage where I just look and feel fat, not pregnant, but none of my clothes are fitting. I had one cute pair of black capris I could still wear (to work and to church, bonus) but this Sunday, as my tummy squished out of the top of them and made me feel deformed, I decided that I wouldn't be able to wear them anymore. Darn dryer. I'm mentally ready to just go get an autumn wardrobe of tummy-panels... filled with corduroy and other warm, cozy fabrics, but our current mid-80's temperatures are higher than they were all of August, and I'm going to be in Texas for four or five days soon, where it is even 10 degrees hotter. I've been trying to find a few things I can wear right now, without buying a whole summer wardrobe - in mid September.

Enough complaining. Praise Jesus for my new jean capris, even if I can't wear them to church.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise be, you are definately pregnant.... because you sound like a crazy woman! :-D
You are going to make it, I promise. It's all for your sanctification.... and to keep ya humble. God bless ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kel! Angie here... I just wanted to let you know about the "Belly Belt" found at most maternity stores. It helps during the "in between" times to give your regular pants a little bit more waist room (you just have to wear long shirts to cover up the secret). You can find more info with an internet search. Hope you are feeling fine ... missed you Saturday morning!

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

The best maternity invention EVER is the "low rise" elastic band on pants, shorts, capris, and skirts. Don't even try the "tummy panel" clothing - it is so uncomfortable, unless you're absolutely HUGE at the very end of your pregnancy. I believe that if you look at the tags on Target maternity clothes, they'll specify whether is is "under the belly", "across the belly" or "over the belly". You'll definitely want the "under the belly" ones. I promise! :)