Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas Tour

I was so sad that I had to miss BooMama's Christmas Tour of Homes because of our power outage. But now, our power is back, I have finally been able to vacuum (it's amazing how dirty we are when we're unable to see the dirt!), the Christmas lights are back on, and I finally finished my Christmas cards. It's time for my Christmas tour!

I will preface this by reminding everyone that we just moved a couple weeks ago. All standard house decorations (and furniture) are still at the little house for staging. So...there is no picture or mirror on the wall above the mantle, my nativity set is still in the box because there is no where to set it, and same with my advent wreath... still in its box. Oh well...more to come next year!

And so, we shall commence the tour...

My Christmas wreath...
brought to the house in the first carload (with the dog),
and put directly on the door.


Snowmen in the kitchen window. An early Christmas present this year.


Another early Christmas present...
a pretty Santa table runner. I don't have a table yet (part of the furniture at the little house), but I really enjoy it hanging over the door.


A porcelain nativity also in the kitchen window.

This is a little nativity scene that is usually under the tree.
We still need to trim the bottom tree branches,
so it's currently sitting on the TV. I bought it on Novica.com.


This year's ornament is from Hub's location of education (that rhymes!),
which we visited this year.


And now for the tree and mantle. Hub's stocking is a bit sad. Until now, he has refused to let me make him a prettier one, but this year he has agreed that it is time. So... this year I hope to make matching stockings and a tree skirt. Presents have yet to be wrapped, although I'm working on it.


Last but not least... a look at our outdoor decoration. I still haven't had a chance to post a picture of our storm damage, so here you go.
Seattle windstorm 2006.
We were so blessed that our house and health were protected.
Also, we have really gotten to know our neighbors - they have blessed us greatly in helping us clean up this mess!


May God be glorified in your home this Christmas.
~~~

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

No comments: