Sunday, March 16, 2008

being grateful

Today is day 11 of bedrest. I never thought I'd still be on bedrest, sans baby to hold in my arms, this much later. I've told people that I will be shocked if I'm still pregnant on my due date (on Friday), but only God knows...this could be a long time still. I have two appointments this week, which means there are two opportunities for my blood pressure and labs to be too high and send me to the hospital.

I have a new appreciation for women on bedrest. Especially those on bedrest for weeks and months. This is really depressing, and I'm tired of it. It wasn't so bad until I hit the point that I was lonely and enough days had gone by that there was no new news. The few people that would call or email or stop by wanted to know how I was doing and what was going on. Sigh... I don't have any good answers. I'm bored, lonely, and nothing is going on. I sit all day and think about going into labor - trying to will my child to come out on her own. It hasn't worked. Then, I repeat the whole process.

Today is hard. Hubs just left for church, and I'm home. Next week is Easter and I'll miss it. I don't even think my family is doing anything, because I'm usually the one who encourages it and pulls it all together. Tonight is our church's small group meeting, but I'll be here on my recliner. My counter has a pile of dirty dishes, and that is where they will sit until hubs has a few minutes to put them away. Here I sit, in my green bathrobe, in my green recliner...feeling blue.

Yet, I have SO much to be grateful for. I know I do. I need to start thinking of those things more. And thus, I'm going to try to start posting things that happened the previous day or today that I'm grateful for.

Today, I'm choosing to be very grateful because:
  • Yesterday my mom came over for the day and sewed the curtain for the nursery for me.
  • Hubs and I finally found adhesive that made our alphabet/animal cards stay on the nursery wall, after 3 attempts. All 26 of the animals are still up. Hurray!
  • I have been given the opportunity to stay pregnant longer, giving my body a chance to dialate and prepare, so that when I do go into labor or get induced, I will have a better outcome.
  • After days of rain, it is a sunny morning with blue skies. I'm grateful for this, as well as my dog, who has multiple sunny spots on the carpet to choose from.
  • Simplicity patterns are going to be on sale for 99 cents at the end of the month, and Butterick patterns for 1.99 next weekend. Hurray! Hopefully there will be some cute baby patterns.
  • I don't have to try to care for a house full of kids while on bedrest. It's just me and the dog.

I am grateful.

5 comments:

oakleyses said...

lululemon canada, uggs outlet, polo lacoste, nike air max uk, coach outlet store online, converse pas cher, new balance, hogan outlet, michael kors, hollister pas cher, burberry handbags, nike blazer pas cher, mulberry uk, vans pas cher, abercrombie and fitch uk, michael kors outlet, nike air force, true religion outlet, north face, true religion outlet, true religion outlet, nike roshe run uk, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, nike tn, michael kors outlet, uggs outlet, guess pas cher, replica handbags, coach purses, ralph lauren uk, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet online, ray ban pas cher, coach outlet, nike air max uk, oakley pas cher, true religion jeans, sac vanessa bruno, kate spade, ray ban uk, nike free uk, michael kors, timberland pas cher, hollister uk, michael kors outlet online, burberry outlet, north face uk

Mai said...

المغربي
ارقام شركات الصخور والاحجار بالفجيرة
سباك في الفجيرة
خدمات الفجيرة

الفارس كلين said...






شركه تنظيف منازل بالدمام

شركه تنظيف خزانات بالدمام
شركه تنظيف مكيفات بالدمام

شركه مكافحه حشرات بالدمام

شركه تنظيف كنب وسجاد بالخرج
شركه تنظيف منازل بالقطيف
شركه تنظيف خزانات بالقطيف
شركه مكافحه حشرات بالقطيف
شركه تنظيف مكيفات براس تنوره

menna said...

طريق العروبة
تركيب كربسون في ابو ظبي
تركيب فلوريسينج واعمال ديكورابو ظبي
تركيب طابوق بابو ظبي
تركيب درج رخام بابو ظبي
تركيب رخام در افنكس في ابو ظبي
تركيب حجر در افنكس بابو ظبى
صيانة منازل وفلل في ابو ظبى
تركيب رخام ابو ظبي
شركات صبغ فى ابو ظبى

Anonymous said...

شركة تنظيف منازل
تنظيف منازل