Tuesday, April 18, 2006

New favorite snack

I'm an extremely habitual eater. I find a meal or snack that I like and I could eat it daily for a long time...two weeks to two years.

My current favorite snack consists of:

1/2c fat free or lowfat PLAIN yogurt
a packet of splenda
1/4c organic blueberries (for some reason the organic ones I get are smaller than normal)
a few rasberries
1/2c grapenuts
about 12 almonds chopped into tiny tiny bits

It's a crunchy, yogurty, sweet treat filled with a good balance of carbs, proteins, and fats. I have a hard time finding snacks that have protein and fat. This one is a hit! I use frozen berries and combine them with the yogurt in the morning. They thaw out in my lunchbag (w/ an ice thingy in it to keep the yogurt cold) and then I add the grapenuts and almonds right before I eat it. Yum yum yum.

No comments: