Thursday, January 04, 2007

Insto Diet Success

I hadn't weighed myself since I moved houses...several weeks ago. I knew it had gone up - we ate out a lot while moving, and then came Christmas...and the fudge and the cookies and the pie. The mirror told me I had gained weight - there was some scary stuff going on there. Really. I didn't want to weigh myself again until a bit after Christmas and I could start eating healthfully again. The crazy eating ends the night of my birthday. My 2007 goal is to lose 13 pounds. Several of which, I think are gifts from December, but definitely not all of it. About 10 of it is the last 10 from from my long weightloss journey. I lost 25 pounds several years ago, still needed to lose 5-10 more, then gained a few back. Anyway...

I've been eating much better this week, and jumping on my little trampoline. I still thought the mirror was a bit of a fright, although, I still see myself as 20 pounds heavier...from many years ago. My eyes aren't trustworthy in that respect.

I signed up yesterday at SparkPeople, a free online service that creates meal plans, workout plans, and weight trackers, etc. for you for FREE. I haven't used it before, so I can't tell you if it's good or not, but since it's free, I thought I'd give it a try. (Ok...just using the site now - their food thing isn't going to work for me, but it does look like a good place to put in daily goals and track progress.) I needed to enter my beginning weight. This morning I found the box that had the scale in it and hopped on. I was 3-4 pounds lighter than I expected!!! Yahoo!

That means that I'm already 3 pounds down for my 2007 goal! Only 10 to go. =) This is the fastest weight-loss ever!

No comments: