Thursday, January 18, 2007

Life update

A few random things...

Westminster Shorter Catechism, Question 3:
Q. What do the Scriptures principally teach?

A. The Scriptures principally teach, what man is to believe concerning God,[5] and what duty God requires of man.[6]

I think our Christian culture has lost this purpose. I love how simple the catechism makes things. The Bible is not complicated, nor is it a "nice to have." It is what we are to believe about God and what God requires of us. How simple. How important. I need to make it more important in my life and know this book more.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Today is my "off" day from work. I have a lot to do, but am lacking alertness and motivation. Really, I'm feeling a bit stuck because I feel like I SHOULD go workout, and I don't want to, so I'm having trouble getting up to do anything else because I know I should workout first. Grrr.

Our old house was put on the market on Monday. It is so weird to see it online. I hope others like it. It's pretty colorful inside, so I know some people will really dislike it. I made a big apple crisp, but instead of putting it in a big 9x13 pan, I put it into 7 or 8 little mini loaf pans and froze them. I defrost one each night, and I go bake one at the little house each day. The house smells cinnamony, and I get to eat a bit of apple crisp each day. =) You know, for the sake of selling the house.

So, I must go. I think I'm going to just skip my workout and get over the guilt, put away the ton of clean dishes in the kitchen and wash the dirty ones, then go dust and do my BSF and bake at the old house. Hopefully, I'll get to spend some time organizing my office later today. Oh, and I can NOT forget to make dinner today, which I've been doing lately. =) Duh.

That's it - my day!
-kel

No comments: