Friday, March 24, 2006

Things are getting messy

One of the things I love most about India is that everyone is honestly messy when they eat. I think most Americans are messy too, or at least would be if they ate without thinking so much about staying clean, but in India they don't even try to stay clean. They eat with their hands and you just plan on getting your hands extremely messy. You don't even try to stay remotely clean. Eat with exuberance! At the office, there is an entire washroom that is designated to wash your hands after eating lunch. It's for both men and women and just has three sinks with special soap. I don't know what's different about the washroom soap from the normal bathroom soap, but they use different soap in the hand washing room. I LOVE a place where there is a special washroom to clean your messy hands after lunch.

I did actually order an Indian dinner tonight, thank you very much. I got my hands nice and messy eating dal and naan, with orange fanta of course. Unfortunately, I had to wash my hands in the hotel bathroom since I don't have a specific post-dinner washroom.

Good night / Good morning

No comments: